Please read this important information about booking and rescheduling your lessons
- To schedule your lessons, click on the Calendly link provided in your confirmation email, sent to you after purchase.
- The calendar link to book 30 minute lessons is https://calendly.com/theflutecoach_monique/30-monique and the calendar link to book 60 minute lessons is https://calendly.com/theflutecoach_monique/60-monique
- Available lesson slots in your time zone will be visible for selection.
- Select an available date and time and click confirm.
Lessons that take place in less than 24 hours time are not available to schedule. You can schedule lessons up to 6 weeks in advance.
You’ll receive lesson reminders 48 hours, 24 hours and then 2 hours in advance via email and/or text message. If you are unable to make a lesson, this gives you ample time to reschedule your lesson.
Note: Lesson confirmations and reminder messages are generated by Calendly and will appear as ‘The Flute Coach (via Calendly) or Monique Matthews (via Calendly) in your inbox. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your list of contacts to ensure you receive all communication about your lessons
You may opt to have lesson reminders sent via SMS by entering your phone number when booking a lesson.
- 30 days prior to your lesson package expiring you will receive an email reminder to schedule any unused lessons
Lesson Cancellation Policy
- If you’re unable to make your lesson, please cancel or reschedule AT LEAST 24 hours prior to the scheduled lesson time to guarantee a free rescheduled lesson.
- To cancel or reschedule, click on the ‘reschedule’ or ‘cancel’ buttons at the bottom of your lesson confirmation email.
- Your teacher may have back to back students and therefore may not be able to extend lesson times if you are late.
- Your teacher will attempt to contact you for 10 minutes (30 minute lesson) or 15 minutes (60 minute lesson). After this time if they cannot get in touch with you, that lesson will be forfeited, and no rescheduled lesson is possible
- Your tutor will use Google Meet for your lesson. You do not need a Google account to join.
- In your lesson confirmation email you will find a Google Meet URL link "JOIN NOW" that is the online location of your lesson.
- If you choose to add the lesson to your online calendar, the link will be provided in the event description.
- If you are a few minutes early you may be placed in a meeting ‘waiting room’ until your teacher arrives. If you don’t see your teacher immediately, just stay connected.
- If you are having trouble connecting with your teacher after a few minutes, please email Monique at email@example.com and she will provide instructions to help you. Please do not wait to seek help, as this appears as a no show in our system.
Lesson notes and sharing materials with your teacher
Your teacher can create a shared Google folder that will contain any lesson notes, and resources they would like to share with you. If you would like to share files with your tutor, you can upload them to this folder. Alternatively, you can email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s a good idea to share material with your teacher before your lesson begins so you don’t waste time
If you don’t have any sheet music, your teacher can provide you with free downloadable sheet music from www.flutetunes.com or similar
Your device (laptop, tablet etc) with an inbuilt microphone and camera
USB external webcam or microphone (optional)
Reliable internet connection
Pencil for marking your sheet music
Well lit and quiet area
Thank you for your consideration of this policy.
Christie and Monique.